Friday, August 30, 2013

It's time

Well folks, it's that time of year again. The time for poor wives to turn into hunting widows, gun powder to start burning, freezers to start filling up, and men to be men again. It's my favorite and busiest time of the year. In many states deer season is opening(or has been open for a few weeks in a few places), dove season starts on Sunday, teal season kicks in a couple of weeks and if you're lucky enough, you get to start chasing the great wapiti in 2 days. Soon we'll all be grilling wild game and drinking a beer while re-telling stories of the hunt(s). Thankfully, my Springer will get to start working again and burn off some excess energy. She’s about to drive me nuts and is as ready to start picking up birds as I am to start killing them. Once I start pulling the trigger again, I should start being happier too. This ought to make the Good Dr. happy as well, because I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately. I’m chalking it up to it having been so long since I’ve drawn blood. If all goes well though, I’ll get an arrow covered in elk blood AND I’ll kill some doves this week. That will put me on cloud 9 and would be a hell of a way to start off the season. I want to wish everyone out there a great and successful start to their seasons. Make sure you give your wife a big hug and tell her how much you love her, no matter how “distant” you may get in the coming months. Get one or two more good nights of sleep, because that’s going to be a rarity until February too. And smile, because cool weather, changing leaves, whistling wings, and “free-ranging organic meat” is about to bless your grills. Happy hunting everyone, and be sure to take a minute to check back in here every so often. With hunting season going on, I’ll have a little more to write about and show off.

 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment